What is to Come

by

Hello again! It's a new month, so why not make a new post?
These past 62 days since my last post have been going fine. Nothing too new in life. Time is ticking, however, and I am becoming closer and closer each day to finally graduating high school! I cannot wait to leave school-life behind, although I am nervous about what lies ahead for me. Who isn't, though?

Lately I have been trying to be more religious and closer to God. I am a Muslim, in case anyone that reads this is curious. I have been a Muslim ever since birth and I did start praying daily even at a young age, alhamdulillah (praise to God), but recently is when I've really started thinking. By "thinking," I do not mean I've been hitting the books and learning the factual things about Islam (although that too would be wise) - I have been thinking more about God in general, especially during times when I don't feel too happy. This is a new thing for me. I am trying to have more trust in Him. God tests our faith through hardships; if I go through my hardships with God in mind, I really believe that my pain will be eased. Now, I'm not saying I have become this absolutely new person. I'm just trying.

Lastly, I think I'll mention my brain tumor update. Oh, I should mention that I've actually come up with a name for my tumor: Natasha. Let me tell you the story. A few months back when the tumor news was still fresh, I was in the car telling my older sister about a teacher in our school newspaper that used to have a tumor as well. It said in the article that this teacher gave her brain tumor a name - Burt - so that it could add a little humor to the situation. Anyways, I was telling my sister this, and I told her, "Hey, I should come up with a name for my tumor. Natasha!" It was random but that's what came to me, and we both started cracking up. It was just a pretty funny name for a tumor. So, to this day, when my family or I brings up my tumor, we refer to "it" as Natasha. Now that that little story is out of the way, back to my update. Thursday the 7th of next week is my next MRI scan. My last scan was the one I talked about in my last post, and it came with good news. We are just praying now that next week's scan will have the same (or even better) results. Prayers from whoever is reading this would be appreciated as well. You just never know.

I hope to update my blog again once I've heard news of the results from the scan.

Always with love,
giftofsorts