This and That
by gift of sorts
Hey again. This isn't really any news news, but I want to share anyhow. Today we were notified that a center in another city will do proton beam radiation without a biopsy, which is what we want. Proton beam radiation is what we've decided on (as it is best so that damage to healthy tissues will be avoided), but no one in our city does it. The city that has it is about four hours away, and that means I will have to stay there for the five weeks of treatment! And that means missing school and being away from home... My life is about to get a whole lot more stressful! I'm sure school won't be a huge issue, as they'll probably get my work to me some way. I have to say, though, it does sound a tad exciting (my insurance covers hotel costs for the five weeks, and I like hotels, so that's one reason why - another reason: I love road trips), but I am sure I will start to feel claustrophobic about staying in one place for that long! I will miss home a lot, and I will especially miss my family, since not everyone will be able to stay with me. My father said we'd go back home on weekends, but still, five days away from home is pretty difficult!
Another thing I won't like is the attention that I'll probably receive at school... My teachers will finally learn about "Natasha," and so will my classmates. I never share anything about my tumor except with my close friends. I don't know, I just don't want sympathy/attention of any sort!
Whatever the case, God knows what is best. We'll just have to wait and see. Still, I sure will be stressing (as usual) these next few weeks!
-gift of sorts