Job Interview and My Day So Far
by gift of sorts
Today was my very first job interview! The place I interviewed for is a cute, little popcorn and candy shop. Going into the shop, I was all nerves. I was taking deep breaths and thinking to myself "life is too short -why do I care so much? It's just an interview." I am definitely the nervous and over-thinking type, so things like interviews are a bit harder for me. Anyways, it wasn't too bad at all. The manager of the shop is laid-back so the atmosphere of the whole interview was a lot more bearable. Not long after the interview started I realized that I know what I need to say and there's nothing to be so nervous about. After that, I was a whole lot more comfortable. The interview was for the most part short and sweet (not sweeter than the candy they sell....okay, that was corny.....just like the popcorn they sell...okay, I'll stop). There are seven others applying for the same position as I, but the manager told me that she'd call me on Thursday to notify me about if I got the job or not. I'm so glad I got that interview out of the way. I really do want the job, but as we say in the Chechen language, "as say t1eh darg dinna," which means "I've done my part." As my first interview, this was sort of a learning experience for me. If I don't get the job, I won't beat myself up about it (too much). I'll try to remember that God has something better planned for me!
Now, onto the subject of how my overall day has been. It was a rainy day today (which is quite rare in Texas) and I am really enjoying it. Well, it's not exactly raining now and the sun is out, but I'm going to make myself stay in that rainy mood - you know, embrace it. According to the weather forecast, there is a 50% chance of rain so I'll just keep looking outside and hope for the rain to start up again. I'm not quite in the mood to go anywhere - I'd rather watch YouTube videos and browse the web, something I do most of the time (not complaining). Today my mother made a Middle Eastern pastry called "mammoul" because it's an Eid staple! Let me just say, it is delicious.
I've nothing more to say for today's post, but I'll leave you with pictures of mammoul.